“There comes a time in the history of any school where a choice must be made: to maintain the status quo, or to boldly pursue greater things for students, families, and the community it serves. For Kent Denver that time is now, and I am proud that we have chosen to be bold.” – Rand Harrington, Head of School
Join Kent Denver School as we boldly set the national standard for excellence in middle and high school education.
The Next 100 Years Campaign goes beyond campus transformation. It creates unparalleled educational opportunities for our students and an environment in which world-class teachers can thrive.
Over the course of three years, Kent Denver will transform over 100,000 square feet of teaching and learning spaces, launch the Kent Denver Institutes, and significantly increase our endowment. The Next 100 Years Campaign will empower us to change the way students learn and grow as they prepare to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Although the buildings will be new, traditions endure. As we transform Kent Denver School, we’re building on the foundation laid by generations of students and families and paving our path to the future, ensuring that many more generations of students have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive at Kent Denver.
Built with your support, a new Alumni Courtyard will bridge the generations while also bridging the space between Chenery Theatre and the former Upper School Building. Students will be reminded of our proud history as they gather in the courtyard before Commencement and afterward as faculty receive them there and welcome them into the alumni ranks. And as they meet in the courtyard as a class or simply sit and study, students will be inspired to leave their own legacy.
Alumni donors to the Next 100 Years Campaign may receive recognition on a brick, paver or bench in the Courtyard. Additional naming opportunities for alumni are also available. Contact Elyse Rudolph, Director of Alumni Relations, for more information about Courtyard giving and recognition opportunities.
"During Kent Denver’s long history, there have been many key turning points at which the generosity and investments of our community created the institution that brought each of us such amazing benefits. The Next 100 Years Campaign represents one of these key moments. There has never been a better time for alumni to rally around Kent Denver.” Denny Coughlin ’93, Alumni Association President
- Middle School
- Athletics Suite
- Visual Arts
- Renovated Upper School
- Welcome Center
- Centers & Institutes
- Scobie Center
- Alumni Courtyard
VISUAL ARTS BUILDING
Opened January 2019
- 11,000 sq ft of renovated space for 6-12 Visual Arts, including a new 1,000 sq ft gallery to showcase student art
- New, larger studios for ceramics, metals, photography and drawing & painting, each with its own outdoor learning space
- Impact Studio with resources for design/build, robotics, 3D printing, and more for MS students
- Formerly the 7th/8th grade /DCD Classroom building
RENOVATED UPPER SCHOOL
Still to Come—Opening Spring 2020
- Transformation of 25,000 sq ft of 1960’s-era classroom wing into a new home for the History and English departments
- New gathering spaces for students and offices for faculty
- Higher ceilings, additional natural light
- Average classroom size grows from 450 sq ft to 800+ sq ft
- Modernized HVAC and sustainable building materials
Still to Come—Opening Summer 2020
- New central gathering space connecting the renovated Upper School to Chenery Theatre
- Engraved bricks and pavers will recognize alumni who paved the way for today's students
- Alumni supporters will also be recognized on shade trees, benches, and stone features in the courtyard