About Our Students
Kent Denver School is home to six Presidential Scholars, three Ron Brown Scholars, one Rhodes Scholar and one Truman Scholar!
Here are some more interesting facts to know:
Our Student Body
- Kent Denver attracts students from Denver and across the country. Each year, students from more than 100 schools visit and apply to our school.
- There are currently about 700 enrolled students: 220 in Middle School and 480 in Upper School.
- 28% of our students self-identified as people of color.
- Approximately one in five Kent Denver students receive financial aid.
- More than 96.5% of our students return from year-to-year.
- Students collectively complete more than 15,000 hours of community service every year, serving both local nonprofits and NGOs in a variety of countries.
Academic, Athletic and Extracurricular Awards
- The Class of 2019 included six National Merit Finalists.
- Our Speech & Debate Upper School and Middle School teams have garnered national recognition.
- Students leading the Sun Devils' Advocate newspaper and Kent Denver School Yearbook have consistently earned awards from the Colorado High School Press Association.
- Downbeat Magazine named Kent Denver's Quincy Ave. Rhythm Band top High School R&B performance group in the nation for the eighth time.
- Two students received gold medals at the 2019 National Scholastic Art Awards and seven students received gold keys—the highest level of recognition—at the 2019 Colorado Scholastic Art Awards.
- The Middle School and High School Robotics teams have earned numerous awards at the Vex Robotics World Championship. Read more here.
- Our student-athletes have a long and admirable roster of state championships. Read more here.
College Acceptance and College Selection
- 100% of Kent Denver graduates are accepted to college each year.
- The top college choices of our graduates in Classes 2015-2019 were: Dartmouth College; New York University; Santa Clara University; Southern Methodist University; Stanford University; Texas Christian University; University of Denver; University of Colorado, Boulder; University of Southern California; University of Texas, Austin; Wake Forest University; and Washington University in St. Louis.
Why Kent Denver?
"My kids were given the choice of where they wanted to go to school and they both chose Kent Denver.
I want my kids to realize that their education is for them and to want to get good grades first and foremost for themselves and not to please other people, including us."
-Kent Denver parent, 2015 Parent Survey