How to Apply to Kent Denver for the 2019–20 School Year
Each year, we welcome more than 120 new students who will contribute to our community of curious, talented, motivated and kind learners. Our students love to learn and take care of each other. They aspire to make a difference.
Our customized Admission process allows us to meet you and your family—and introduce you to our faculty and students, our core values and traditions, and our beautiful 200-acre campus. We are fortunate to have students from more than 100 schools visit us every year.
The best way to learn about our school is to schedule a campus visit. This visit includes a campus tour led by a student or current parent, and a family interview with a member of the Admission team.
Prospective Upper School students will also join classes with current students during their campus visit, and prospective Middle School students will be invited to return to campus to experience a day in the life at Kent Denver.
We invite you to explore our website and discover more about our school. The Admission process begins early—in the fall before the year of attendance—so we encourage you to take note of key Admission dates for the 2019–20 school year:
- Sept. 10, 2018: Admission interviews begin
- Sept. 22, 2018: Open House: Experience Kent Denver (Click here to learn more)
- Oct. 1, 2018: The 2019-20 financial aid application becomes available. (Click here to learn more.)
- Nov. 9, 2018: Visiting Day for parents of prospective Upper-Schoolers. Special focus: student life and extracurriculars. Stay tuned for more information!
- Jan. 11, 2019: Visiting Day for parents of prospective Upper-Schoolers. Special focus: the road to college and beyond. Stay tuned for more information!
- Jan. 12, 2019: Financial Aid Workshop hosted by Jerry Walker, Kent Denver's Chief Financial Officer
- Jan. 15, 2019: Application deadline for siblings of currently enrolled students
- Jan. 18, 2019: Visiting Day for parents of prospective Middle-Schoolers. Stay turned for more information!
- Jan. 31, 2019: Application deadline (non-siblings)
- Jan. 31, 2019: Financial Aid application deadline
- Feb. 22, 2019: Upper School admission decision notification
- Feb. 27, 2019: Middle School admission decision notification
We look forward to meeting you soon.
The Kent Denver School Admission Team
Resources for Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2018–19 Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid Information
- Standardized Test Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Application Assistance
- Campus Map and Directions
- How do I apply?
- What Is the "Additional Teacher Recommendation Form"?
- May teachers from previous years complete the required recommendation forms?
- What is Kent Denver’s student visit/student shadow day policy?
- How many students are in an average grade?
- Where may I get additional information?
Students applying to the Upper School will visit classes with a current student and experience Kent Denver's exciting community firsthand during their family interview day.
Students applying to the Middle School are invited to return to campus for a visit morning after their family interview is complete. During their Middle School visit morning, prospective students will attend classes, enjoy lunch and begin making new friends!
Parents of prospective middle-schoolers are encouraged to call the Admission Office at (303) 770-7660 ext. 237 to schedule a visit morning.
Our goal is to ensure the excellent education Kent Denver provides is an affordable option for highly-motivated students from families of all income levels.
- Academic and Athletic Fees: Additional charges for academic labs , academic projects and select sports such as ice hockey and swimming may apply.
- Book Fees: Approximately $200–$500
- Class Fees: $260 (Grades 6–8); $200 (Grades 9–12)
Learn more about Kent Denver School's generous financial aid program here.
We are committed to making a Kent Denver education affordable for families of all income levels. Each year, we award about $3.1 million in financial aid to almost a quarter of our students. Awards average $20,000 dollars—more than half of annual tuition—and they never have to be paid back.
- For instructions on how to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, write "Financial Aid" in the subject link, and include your mailing address in the body of your email.
- Kent Denver will offer a financial aid workshop in the Upper School building at 9 a.m. on Sat., Jan. 12, 201.
- Financial aid applications must be completed by Jan. 31, 2019.
Kent Denver School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its educational, admission, financial aid, athletic and other policies and programs.
Directions to Kent Denver School
Click here to see this location in Google Map and customize your directions.