Discover Our Campus
Whether they are gathering data in a canoe on the upper reservoir, strolling a pathway from one building to another, enjoying the thrill of competition on a playing field, entertaining a crowd in an amphitheater, or simply sitting outdoors for a few moments of quiet reflection, students have many opportunities to enjoy the benefits of Kent Denver's exceptional campus.
Kent Denver's scenic, 200-acre campus supports more than 200,000 square feet of academic and athletic facilities. Our outdoor spaces include two reservoirs, more than 1,600 trees, a wetlands area and myriad different plants nibbled daily by a flock of inquisitive Canadian geese.
Space matters. Whether students gather inside or out—in classrooms, labs, playing fields or elsewhere—physical surroundings have a significant impact on their ability to learn.
At Kent Denver, we believe students should have dynamic, spacious, state-of-the-art learning spaces that stimulate their curiosity, fuel their imagination and empower their best work. Our 200-acre campus includes:
- 65+ classrooms, including 10 science labs with a microscopy lab and physics design/build shop
- Middle & Upper School 21st Century Learning Commons with ample space for student collaboration
- Dedicated innovation spaces equipped with a tech CNC machine, 3-D printers, digital laser cutters, Virtual Reality equipment and numerous digital and analog tools to design and build almost anything!
- Three performing arts theaters with a state-of-the-art technical theater workshop
- Guitar lab and fully-equipped, professional recording studio
- Well-equipped art studios for ceramics, metals, photography, drawing/painting and digital art.
- Two outdoor amphitheaters
- Two reservoirs and a boat house with canoes and outdoor classroom
- Three gymnasiums and nine outdoor playing fields, including two all-season turf fields
- Seven competition-ready, post-tension concrete tennis courts
- Four LEED-certified buildings, including the Schaden Dining Hall (Platinum), Yates Pavilion (Gold), Middle School (Platinum, pending), and Welcome Center/Upper School North (Platinum, pending).
- 300+ on-campus solar panels generating more than 450 KWH. Augmented by 100KWH of off-site generation, solar sources provide 50% of campus electricity use.
Using our core value of personal growth as inspiration, we constantly explore ways to ensure our school remains excellent and relevant. As a result, our campus is in the midst of an exciting transformation. When complete in the spring of 2020, we will have more than 100,000 sq feet of new and renovated learning spaces.
- March 2018: New, state-of-the-art Middle School building
- January 2019: New Visual Arts Center
- March 2019: Upper School North classroom building and McGrath Welcome Center
- Fall 2019: Anticipated opening of centers for Technology and Design, Entrepreneurship and Student Wellness
- Spring 2020: Anticipated opening of Upper School South classroom wing, home to English and History departments
In total, we are creating more than 100,000 square feet of cutting-edge instructional spaces that are designed to foster the best possible learning environment and to encourage innovation by teachers and students alike.
Welcome Center and Upper School North building takes shape (July 16, 2018)