We're Thrilled You're Considering Kent Denver for the 2018-19 School Year!
Each year, we welcome more than 120 new students who will contribute to our community of curious, talented, motivated and kind learners. Our students love to learn and take care of each other. They aspire to make a difference.
Our customized Admission process allows us to meet you and your family—and introduce you to our faculty and students, our core values and traditions, and our beautiful 200-acre campus. We are fortunate to have students from more than 100 schools visit us every year.
The best way to learn about our school is to schedule a campus visit. This visit includes a campus tour led by a student or current parent, and a family interview with a member of the Admission team.
After the interview, prospective students will be invited to return to campus for a customized “visit day” and to experience a day in the life at Kent Denver.
We invite you to explore our website and discover more about our school. The Admission process begins early—in the fall before the year of attendance—so we encourage you to take note of key Admission dates for the 2017-18 school year:
- Sept. 5, 2017: Admission interviews begin
- Sept. 16, 2017: Open House: Experience Kent Denver (Click here to learn more)
- Nov. 20, 2017: Detailed Financial Aid information available via the Family Application form
- Jan. 13, 2018: Financial Aid Workshop hosted by Jerry Walker, Kent Denver's Chief Financial Officer
- Jan. 15, 2018: Application deadline for siblings of currently enrolled students
- Jan. 16, 2018: Visiting Day for parents of prospective Upper-Schoolers
- Jan. 19, 2018: Visiting Day for parents of prospective Middle-Schoolers
- Jan. 31, 2018: Application deadline (non-siblings)
- Jan. 31, 2018: Financial Aid application deadline
- Feb. 23, 2018: Upper School admission decision notification
- Feb. 28, 2018: Middle School admission decision notification
If you have questions or would like additional information, please complete our online inquiry form, call the Admission office at (303) 770-7660, ext. 237 or email Admission Office Manager Susan Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
The Kent Denver School Admission Team
Resources for Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2017-18 Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid Information
- Standardized Test Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Application Assistance
- Campus Map and Directions
- How do I apply?
- What Is the "Additional Teacher Recommendation Form"?
- May teachers from previous years complete the required recommendation forms?
- What is Kent Denver’s student visit/student shadow day policy?
- How many students are in an average grade?
- Where may I get additional information?
Please complete the following steps by Jan. 31, 2018 to be considered for the 2018-19 academic year:
- Complete a campus visit and family interview.
Complete the Kent Denver inquiry form or contact Susan Green at (303) 770-7660, ext. 237 or email@example.com to schedule your visit.
- Submit the family application form online.
You may complete and submit the application form via our online application portal. Note: A $60 application fee is required. Contact Susan Green at (303) 770-7660, ext. 237 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, need assistance or would like to request financial assistance for the application fee.
- Ensure teacher recommendations and a student transcript are submitted.
You will have access to recommendation and transcript forms via the Online Application Portal after your family application form has been submitted and processed. Recommendation forms should be given to your teachers and school administrators after the first grading period. Kent Denver requires letters of recommendation from a current English teacher; current Math teacher; one additional current teacher of your choosing; and, current school principal, guidance counselor or academic advisor.
- Take either the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)
Each test lasts approximately three hours and is administered on Saturday or Sunday mornings in the fall and winter. Information and test registration forms are available at https://erblearn.org/parents/admissions-testing-isse and www.ssat.org.
Note: Kent Denver will offer the ISEE on Sat., Nov. 4, 2017, Sat., Dec. 2, 2017, Sat., Jan. 13, 2018 and Sun., Jan. 21, 2018. We do not require applicants to take test at Kent Denver School.
Student shadow days are optional but highly encouraged. These days may be scheduled after the family interview is complete.
We encourage all applicants to shadow a current student to see what life is like as a Kent Denver student and experience classes firsthand. The family interview must be completed before a student may shadow. Please contact Susan Green at (303) 770-7660, ext. 237 or email@example.com to schedule a shadow day. Note: You must complete the school visit and family interview before a shadow day may be scheduled.
- Academic and Athletic Fees: Additional charges for academic labs , academic projects and select sports such as ice hockey and swimming may apply.
- Book Fees: Approximately $200-$500
- Class Fees: $260 (Grades 6-8); $200 (Grades 9-12)
Learn more about Kent Denver School's generous financial aid program here.
We are committed to making a Kent Denver education affordable for families of all income levels. Each year, we award about $3.1 million in financial aid to almost a quarter of our students. Awards average $20,000 dollars—more than half of annual tuition—and they never have to be paid back.
- Detailed information will be available in mid-November and can be requested via the family application form.
- Kent Denver will offer a financial aid workshop in the Upper School building at 9 a.m. on Sat., Jan. 13, 2018.
- Financial aid applications must be completed by Jan. 31, 2018.
Kent Denver School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its educational, admission, financial aid, athletic and other policies and programs.
Directions to Kent Denver School
Click here to see this location in Google Map and customize your directions.